Saturday 15 February 2014

axapta - Using aotimport on server startup -


Whenever the server starts the process, then I am trying to install one of my XX environments . Because the environment is updated with production on a regular basis, and code should be unique to this (non-production) environment, it seems that the best option is to use the AOTImport command at startup. However, I am having trouble identifying exact syntax / setup to do this work.

By looking at the system code, it seems that the syntax should be aotimport_ [path of file] . is this correct? The server does not complain about this command, but the file in the question is not imported. I have tried variations on this order, but I have not seen it work.

I think that you try to execute the command on the SysStartupCmd If so, this method is removed when AX customer starts, not AOS. This is docummented on this page:

If you want to automate this import, then after scheduling the execution of AX client (ax32.exe) on your build workflow It can be done (it has been recommended to run the full compilation after import) and here other questions have been discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment