Tuesday 15 February 2011

android - Enumerate all elements in Selenium Python bindings for Appium -


I am trying to get started with an API to test my company's mobile applications. I want to use Python binding to write scripts, and I have to start with the Android app.

I have an appium example that all are working, I can run chunky Android and test work, and I run the sample app android.py Can i

But I'm a total newbie and in my company's app I do not have a clear picture to identify the controls. I have experience with Python, so I thought I would just make a list of control elements. And I will introspect them.

I'm stuck! All methods like driver.find_elements_by_tag_name () require a specific identifier (or at least I do not get any wildcard that works).

How can I self help an appium tree represent the Android app under testing of the elements? How can I calculate all the elements so that I can introspect them? Can I run a tree to find all the elements in the app?

I was hoping that I could capture the elements without getting the source code for the applet, I could create the app in Eclipse. But I can do this if necessary.

PS I like to use Python, but if it works better then it will open to do some more introspection. I can still write the actual tests in Python Other languages ​​may not be quite better

Supports APIs of the WebDriver's "Page Source" method so you can:

  # Assume that you have the driver object imported json source = driver.page_source source = json.loads (source) # You can now work with the sources of dragon object  < / Pre>  

No comments:

Post a Comment