Tuesday 15 June 2010

ruby - are there any APIs for changing google-talk status? -


I want to write an application that:

  • Receive and send an email message (
  • Chat with your Google friends
  • Changing my GoogleTalk (Gmail) status

    So, when I open my Gmail interface, I look at the list with my contacts on the left side of the page. I can chat with people from this list, I can change the status and name (near my small Google + avatar).

    When I type a status or name, I write a special message 'Bogdan' on this picture> </ p> <p> Do Google APIs exist to replace Google-Talk status (special message)? Can I use some RubyOnRellet gems for it? Thank you. </ P> </ div> <p> <div class =

    Therefore, these beautiful lines of Ruby Code (using xmpp4r gem), change your google_talk status and send chat_message to your friend Thank you, @Arkon!

      Required 'xmpp4r' #init jabber client client_jid = jabber :: jid.new ('your_email@gmail.com') Customer = jabber :: Client.new (Client_jid) client.connect 'Talk.google.com' client.auth 'your_gmail_password' #Change google_talk Status client.send (Jabber :: Presence.new.set_show (chat) .set_status ('Your New GoogleTalk Status')) #Dude Friend = Assert :: Send chat_message message to JID.new ("your_friend_email@gmail.com") = Confirmation :: Message: New (friend, "This is chat messaging"). Set_type (: normal) .set_id ('1') Client.send (message)   

    me ruby ​​^ _ ^!

No comments:

Post a Comment