Tuesday 15 June 2010

Symfony 2 guide for Django developers -


After 8 years of PHP development, I switched Python 2 years ago, as much as I liked the coding with the Digenga, there were more jobs in PHP than Python in New Zealand (not to mention knot) Has started to read about. "The Big Picture" is done through tutorials and it is very familiar with Django.

Q: What is a migration guide for Django developers? So can this speed up the learning process?

I do not think Django looks a framework in PHP. Due to language features, it is almost impossible that I respect everyone's opinions and I am not doing justice, but, I am a designer developer and I tried Simonephone 2 and did not like it much. Especially because there are several configuration files in many formats and I was having a framework for creating C ++ applications.

I tried and was very happy with it. As you can with PHP of the course, it is so happy. It uses a lot of PHP 5 features, the configuration files are just .php files (such as the degego .py ) and a very declarative syntax.

Docks are fine, not as great as Zeno (I did not think that docs are great for Simfoni 2) at the time, and it is not mentioned that the Framework is 1.5 MB, which is 70 MB In comparison - with vendors who have Symphony)

To answer your question, there are no migration guides (because IMHO is impossible to make a direct stay). As a Django developer, you should be familiar with the MV * pattern, Symfony2 uses the same approach, the MVP pattern, that does not mean it will not be difficult for you to achieve. Actually like Django (very far indeed :)), you have a model, a controller, and ideas. If you do your business logic in the controller ( DefaultController.php is the default for each bundle), then you enter a method for each view (usually), which is to return a render template. Will happen.

You can declare your model with a code of yaml, xml or aportation and sync your DB with them. Make this model object for you so that you can ask them in your controller. As you can see, ideologically the only way is.

Hope it helps! I would hate the Symfony2 people, but my opinion is.

Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment