Saturday 15 January 2011

Navigating Quicktime chapters with Javascript -


I am trying to use javascript to navigate through the chapters in QuickTime video.

I can see how many chapters occur in each QuickTime with this function:

  function GetChapterCount (anObj) {anObj.GetChapterCount (); }   

and this href:

  & lt; A href = "JavaScript: Alerts (GetChapterCount (document.movie1));" & Gt; Chapter count & lt; / A & gt; & Lt; Br>   

I can also get the name of each chapter with this function:

  function GetChapterName (anObj) {anObj.GetChapterName (3); }   

and this href:

  & lt; A href = "javascript: alert (GetChapterName (document.movie1));" & Gt; Name of Chapter 3 & lt; / A & gt; & Lt; Br>   

I can also go to a lesson with this href manually:

     

My problem is that I have to write each chapter's name manually. I want to be able to read the name of the chapter from Quicktime and want to pass it to GoToChapter, but I still can not understand it.

I'm sure that the easiest way is to get the function which passes the ChapterName to GoToChapter.

Thank you, Dusty

I figured out. First I created this function

  function Chapter 1 name (anObj) {anObj.GetChapterName (1); }   

Then I call it this href

  and lt; A href = "javascript: document.movie1.GoToChapter (with chapter 1 name (document.movie1));" & gt; Goto Chapter 1 & lt; / A & gt; & Lt; Br>   

If there is a better way, please let me know.

Thanks, Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment