Tuesday 15 February 2011

assembly - nasm %include error: file.inc:1: error: interminable macro recursion -


While trying to compile my nasm program something is going on with me Lookup-table with 10 ^ 6 values I want to include

  Table: dd 0x000000, ..................... 0x999999   

Then I included this in my ASM program

 % include "file.inc" error: file.inc: 1: error: embedded macro recurrence    

Oh my! I'm not sure yet, but I think that you have discovered "border" in the nose. Maybe a "bug" I do not think enough is why Naama thinks that it is a "macro" in the first place!

Can you tell me how you made it table ? I believe that you did not write all those numbers manually - certainly (?) Not all in a row, as shown (?). I have tried to create a table which is using the % rep> feature of Nash, but NASA is shouting at me that I am not a state-of-the-art Macro user, and I want to remember this How to do that (not your problem, I understand it - more coffee!) Will have to refresh. On not accepting this, I think I can write a small "utility" to spit such a table. <+>

Preproc.c in the first or approximately 334 line, you will see:

  #define DEADMAN_LIMIT (1   

If you are feeling adventurous, you can increase that value and install Nasm ( or I like - Everything - .configure / code> before, if you do not have it). You do not have to do this! We will do it outwards, if this is a problem, and if it has been decided to be a "bug", but it may take some time ...

More than being suitable for it Discussion may be required. Try on the Nasm forum or you can reach the Fibcotler (pig tail) myfairpoint (Decimal point) Net (I do not know why bother me - spammers have found me anyway).

Sorry, you are having a problem with this Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Update: OK, I'm successful in creating a table. Actually took a long time! But I did not get this error Can you provide more information about this error? (Here, or on the NAS platform, or via private posting ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment