Sunday 15 January 2012

git - Where is vimrc or vim profile for github's mingw32 shell on a Windows machine? -


Sigwin has a home directory where I can store the .vimrc file to set syntax highlighting. I know in linux machines that this file is usually in the home directory and it can be stored globally (although I do not know how the global thing works so far)

I I am a user of windows (I apologize), so I use different shells for different things, and it is not absolutely certain that when I launch it from the git bash shell, the sentence The highlighting of the test is not working. It works fine for Saigwin and Putty. But git is not so much for the mingw32

One more thing is that when I do SSH on a remote server using Sagvin, I can not use Vim, but when I put it I can use VIM if I connect using the shell.

This topic will be highly appreciated

GITSBISISGIT uses Comes with your Vim. One way to see this -

In your git bash type

  $ type vim   

it will tell you which VIM execution Is used to be qualified. In my machine this indicates

/ bin / vim

vim --version , this is a lot of environment .

Pipe it into a grap, like

Vim - version. Grep vimrc and it will tell you the location (location) where this example of vim will look for vimrc.

No comments:

Post a Comment