Wednesday 15 January 2014

Windows Authentication for ASP.NET MVC 4 - how it works, how to test it -


I have never used Windows authentication for web applications, but form certification recently, I have an ASP .NET MVC 4 web application that requires Windows authentication implementation that is given to log in to my company web server. Therefore, I have some questions about Windows authentication. I am using Visual Studio 2012.

  • How does Windows authentication work?

  • How do I apply windows authentication in the web correctly .config file?

  • How can I test if Windows certification actually works for my ASP.NET MVC 4 Web site? In other words, how do I test my company's actual web server with local version (version 8), IIS version 7 on my local development PC? For IIS 8.5 and MVC 4:

    How does Windows authentication work?

    In this mode, User.Identity (as HttpContext.Current. User.Identity ) is populated by the built-in web server. This can be an IIS Express link to @R Kumar, or IIS in the video completely blown up by Thomas Benz.

    Specifically, User.Identity is a WindowsIdentity object, such as the following cast will work:

      WindowsIdentity clientId = (WindowsIdentity) HttpContext.Current.User.Identity;   

    The Web How do I implement Windows authentication properly in the config file?

      & lt; System.web & gt; & Lt; Authentication mode = "Windows" /> ...   

    How can I test if Windows authentication actually works for my ASP.NET MVC 4 web site? In other words, with local IIS (version 8), and IIS version 7, how can I test my company's actual web server on my local development PC?

    First of all, replace the ASP. NET authorization to exclude the current user. Like & lt; System.web & gt; & Lt; Authentication mode = "Windows" /> & Lt; Authority & gt; & Lt; Allow users = "yourdomain \ someotheruser" /> & Lt; Deny users = "*" /> & Lt; / Authorization & gt;

    Second, enable Windows authentication for your site using IIS Manager. This is under the 'Authentication' feature, and disable anonymous authentication.

    Note that from the old details, you will suggest that you have the web of your site. Make changes under the elements of the config. However, recent IIS implementations prevent it due to security reasons.

    Three, point your browser to the webpage Browser should ask you to provide credentials, because the current user is not allowed to access the website. Make available to people who are authorized for the site, and your MVC code should be run.

    Four, check user identification like

      WindowsIdentity clientId = (WindowsIdentity) HttpContext.Current.User.Identity;    

No comments:

Post a Comment