Wednesday 15 January 2014

Android: geolocation doesn't work anymore on some devices (since Jelly Bean (4.1.x) ?) -


I've got two apps on Google Play for several months. After a few weeks, I receive some emails from users who tell me that the app no ​​longer determines their location. My app has not been updated before these problems

An online transfered representative method is never called on these devices.

It seems that this problem is with devices with Android 4.1.x and high (Jelly Bean)

Note that on these devices that issue this issue, it seems that other applications that use geolocation also do not work anymore; Just Google Maps is still successful in managing the user geographically.

How to explain Geolocation Android 4.1.x Jelly Bean and above not working now?

I may be completely wrong but it may be What to do with the fact that if your app is using Google Maps Android API V2, your users need to activate location sources in two places before doing this:

    < Li> Settings & gt; Location use & gt; GPS or WiFi
  1. Accounts & gt; Google & gt; Location Settings & gt;

    If I disable another, my app that uses the API does not get any location updates anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment