Saturday 15 January 2011

wix - How to build a bootstrapper for multiple MSI files? -


I get the problem: With WiX 3.7 I have created a installer that creates several local MSI files, for example:

  .. bin \ x86 \ release \ en-us \ myProject.msi .. \ bin \ x86 \ release \ fr-fr \ myProject.msi .. \ bin \ x86 \ release \ In addition, I have created a Bootstrap project that should ensure that .NET 4.5 is installed:  
  ... & lt; Chain & gt; & Lt; PackageGroupRef Id = "NetFx45Web" /> & Lt; MsiPackage SourceFile = "$ (var.myProject.TargetPath)" & gt; & Lt; / MsiPackage & gt; & Lt; / Chain & gt; ...   

Now I hope the burn creates a project on BootStrap:

  .. \ bin \ x86 \ release \ en-us \ myProject Exe .. \ bin \ x86 \ release \ fr-fr \ myProject.exe .. \ bin \ x86 \ release \ de-de \ myProject.exe   

but msiPackage is a single file are supposed to .

Is it generally possible to work on a burning project as I would expect?

If it is not so, is it possible to know that the created MSI file? I can not hardly name the MSI file because the output name may be different

I do not think That it is possible ... if you are using or something you can do you are building your MSI package.

Or you can use a simple script that says membell.xa with the parameter -dYOUR_VARIABLE = myProject.msi .

See for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment