Wednesday 15 January 2014

ANTLR and Eclipse (or any decent IDE) -


I am using ANLR with Eclipse for some time using the ANTLRv3IDE plugin. Although this is not correct, and is a bit old, it does its job well, well.

Now I would like to switch to ANLRL4 for another DSL that I am making. However, support for eclipse looks extremely thin. I decided to try ATLRWorks, which is the NetBeans plugin, but I could not get it to install (this specific dated version of dependency (201302132200 unless I have something new, still called 7.3 docs).

So, the question: Can I be persuaded to switch between any Java IDE (preferably Eclipse, but I can not support if anything else) A With integrating, I mean: I want to: to generate code / keyboard shortcuts and syntax colors (at the very least) to generate code. Certainly good for code completion and other features, but I can live without them for now.

I know very well from Extext and I have had considerable success in using it for some projects, but unfortunately it is

me I know ANTLRworks can be run as a standalone application without a Java IDE, but I think that should be a last resort solution because it is extremely complex to work in this way (switch between applications, from synchronization Files, no VCS support etc.). I tried on the other side: To install Java parts in ANTLRworks (which is itself NetBusiness Distro), but it did not end well (it seems that the support of the original project was suppressed from ANNTLRworks.) < / P>


No comments:

Post a Comment