Monday 15 February 2010

html - Insert null value into a text input -


I'm pretty sure this is not possible, but I'm still asking for it.

Is there a way to insert a blank (or an undefined) value in a HTML text input?

I need to differentiate between an empty string and I allow this user to set this value to an input.

The standard solution to this problem, which I can see on this web site, is to match the text input with a checkbox that indicates whether the value is zero or not. In my opinion, the boundary is linked to the fact that the text box can have an empty string, but there can not be zero value, so I think I am not really able to do this.

Do not tell a text input for any type of null value The value of an empty string '' by definition in the blank checkbox is the best way to do this, as you say is a checkbox, which is the disabled Toggles property, which gives similar meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment