Thursday 15 July 2010

database - Grouping products that are the same but have slightly different titles/attributes -


I am displaying large amounts of products on my website. I would have to create a group of similar products from different websites, which I had already crawled in my DB. So when a product is searched, it also displays the same product from another product.

I tried the following methods

  1. Grouping by product title

    Result - due to failure Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z (Black) is the same product, but different title, so can not be in the same group. That's why the error rate is too high. Grouping with properties:

    Products with similar properties and values ​​are grouped together but its very slow and error rate is also high as there are various Companies can have the same feature in different products.

    Please help me out what is the best way to do this.

    Thank you in advance. Sorry for bad english

    I do not try to use your group's heading solution, but with RegEx modified or just Use the methods like this:

    title1.contains (title2)

    title1.startsWith (title2)

    can not be a 100% error-free solution, so I will add a link like this: "Do not click here to remove the product from this product" Check it manually

No comments:

Post a Comment