Sunday 15 August 2010

java - Droplist in Excel using Poi -


How can I create a drop list in excel like a drop list in html with a feature like "inbuilt" value?

I need to: I want to show the details that are not stored in the database, but the code for details.

Ex: I have a table of contents Excel cell for science, the description is "science", but I want to store "SCI" ​​in the database.

You can use an ActiveX combo box in a worksheet, available from the Developer tab.

Enter the two columns of data in the worksheet - You can hide the columns then the set property of the combo box:

  • Column2
  • Bound column 1
  • Column width 0 pt; Set 20 pt

    ListFillRange and LinkedCell .

    I understand that there were problems in distributing workbooks, I'm not sure with ActiveX controls it is still an issue, especially when a normal (standard) control is used.

    Of course, Excel is not designed to end the front of the database, so you will need to write all code to keep everything in sync.

    You can use simple form control / combo box. It will store the index number in only one cell - there is no such event that you can use, you can use a formula based on the linked cell, which stores the description in the second cell. When the user (possibly) clicks a button to submit the data, you will retrieve and store the details from this cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment