Sunday 15 April 2012

ruby on rails - What is the best way to run a staging site on my production server? -


I am running a small rail project using linux from a production server. I would love to test some features in staging but I can not justify buying another server from linode to fully copy my production.

I currently have two directories: Live and the Storing Site is running a copy of the application in the "Live" folder. When I go to the "staging" folder and run "Rail S", then Vobic launches on port 3000. Is there any way to access this staging server from the outside? I tried but there is no luck.

Essentially, can I run the live staging app temporarily at different ports of my production server without affecting the live website?

Thank you, Michael Byutos

You hear the webserver on two different ports You can. One will be your default port (80)

  listen to server {3000; Server_name localhost; #server name _; If you want this VH for all the projects in your / var / www / folder root / var / www / project1; #If you want to configure it for a specific project, or otherwise want to keep it / var / www for all the projects in the www / folder index index.php index.html index.htm; }   

Set the root to the location of your platform and you should be able to access it

Take a look at the post, even if it will give you an idea You are not using nginx

No comments:

Post a Comment