Sunday 15 April 2012

visual studio 2010 - VS2010 Debug attach to process / cannot find or open the PDB file -


I am trying to debug some examples given in the Maya API SDK.

DLL works fine with Visual Studio 2010 in debug mode, and plugins, once loaded in maya, worked fine, though after attaching, Visual Studio complains that PDB file can not locate or open . I ignored those warnings and set some break points, but obviously the VS did not break.


By adding plugins and debugging them to Maya, I have read:

  • On SE, I have read the following suggestions:


    • Specifically, I tried:

      • To make sure that the plugin I am loading in Maya is what I just created;
      • Verifying that PDB has the same name, is in the same folder; DLL is built at the same time;
      • Manually load the PDB ("no matching symbol found");
      • Activating the symbol server in VS (okay, but I only get it with Microsoft)

        Once your app is running, try it and delete the DLL - if you can, it has not been loaded. Or you can see the path in the module window in VS. It will also give a clue why it has not been loaded and you can give the option to manually load the symbols from anywhere on the disk.

No comments:

Post a Comment