Saturday 15 September 2012

reporting services - Page headers on SSRS subreports in grouped table -


I have a multi page report that requires 3 parameters: Start date, end date and job number.

He has requested the ability to run this report for all jobs or multiple jobs at one time. I created a second report and gave the job number parameter several values. I then created a table, grouped by job number, and added my original report as a subreport in one line.

All this works great except that the page headers are not shown from sub-location. I can easily get information by adding it to the table grouping at the beginning of the report, but I can not know what it means to show it on every page.

If each job report is 4-5 pages and runs them for 25 jobs, then they really need the corresponding job number at the top of each page. Some people have suggested that they keep the table as a header, and check the option to show on each page, but this will not change every job and I do not think if all theports spread multiple pages in any way.

Any thoughts?

Headers and footers in sub-reports will not usually be displayed in reports.

The best way is to add a line above the group group by the "Job number", enter the job number in it, then go to the work no. Group properties and select "page break" for each instance of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment