Monday 15 April 2013

math - Using dot product to determine if point lies on a plane -


A given: one point, B: exists at a point P, C: normal P of the plane. Can I determine that the result of dot product between A (A) and C. lies on P's lies on P? (Or within a certain level of the exact level, I would probably use 0.0001f)

I probably have to put a certain mathematical fault, but it is very simple and quick to change the coordinates of a triangle The answer seems to space a.la

So the other thing I think; If this is a legitimate check, will it be computationally faster than using matrix changes, if I want to see if the plane is on the plane? (And not that it is said that it is within a polygon, I will probably keep using the matrix conversion for that)

itemprop = "text"> < P> You are right on the plane through BA and with normal P, if only if dot product (ab, p) = 0

To estimate for this kind of speed, you pretty much count count this formula has only three properties, so there is nothing too much to do with the matrix.

No comments:

Post a Comment