Saturday 15 February 2014

Migrating PHP/MySQL web application to use Google Cloud SQL -


I have an initial question that may have been answered before, but I'm sure technology has changed. I have a PHP / MySQL based web application running on a hosted environment and I want to migrate it to Google Cloud SQL. In this period, it has been built into a good enough relational database schema and historical data. The question is whether it is possible to upload existing data schemas and data to the Google Cloud SQL environment? If yes then how and a sample will be appreciated

Will there be any major changes in the existing php and mysql code?

Regards, Jack

I'm pretty sure Google Cloud SQL is actually PHP Script does not support! I am in a situation for you, currently we are running on a MySQL / PHP server, I have explored many options such as Google, Pars, Stackmob etc. and have finally decided for some reasons.

If I was starting to create a new product again, then I would definitely check the cloud storage at very deep depths, to make it very headache and to ensure its backend. Will save, strong, safe etc. However, now I have made my own back-end which runs very well and is properly field tested, I am reluctant to go to the cloud for this.

Cloud is a new technology that is moving forward for everyone, and I agree that this is probably the right direction, but the benefit that offers (IMO) is very good for most existing products. Not particularly complicated logic. PHP / MySQL can do its job very well in the right hands

Just like I think - I tried and failed to find a reliable cloud provider that supports PHP (mainly Js / python) because it will be very attractive to me.

If this is scalability, you can rent from the 'traditional' hosting companies to the cloud server space (even as VPS). You run them in the same way through cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, but behind the scenario, they are distributed only to a worldwide network rather than on one machine, giving them many benefits of cloud solutions such as traffic increases Scalability, etc.

I am not expert in any way in any way, just talking with my past experiences this past few weeks research. You can get better answers than anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment