Thursday 15 May 2014

security - Restrict HTTP Access to Elastic Beanstalk -


Is it possible to restrict HTTP access to an elastic beanstock application only for certain IP addresses? I have tried to add rules to the protection group of my environment but they do not consider any effect. This is because all HTTP traffic is done through elastic load balancer, which is not not security group?

I restrict restricted access to an elastic beanstock application for just a few specific IP addresses.
The following is my process.

  1. Create a new Beanstock environment in VPC (Amazon Virtual Private Cloud).
    Please read the following documents.


    Note: I tried to create a new beanstock environment (tomacat) in VPC using EBOSTech for Eclipse last month. But due to bugs of AWS Toolkit for Eclusers, I could not create a new Beanstock environment. Finally, I can create a new beenstock environment using an elastic-beanstock-create-environment command, so I advise to use elastic-beanstock-create-environment command.

  2. Create new network ACL (VPC function) and open inbound tabs and configure to restrict source IP address. Set up this network ACL in VPC subnet, in which Beanstock has an ELB.

No comments:

Post a Comment