Monday 15 February 2010

ElasticSearch: Replicas of shards only? -


The index with 2 nodes 1 index in my flexible search cluster is set to keep 5 shards and 1 replication . I want all 5 shards to be in 1 node, with a replica of each in each node. I do not want to be flexible enough to distribute those 5 shards equally in 2 nodes (and distribute the same repetitions equally).

In other words, I want to work strictly as 1 node back up, keep all the replicas. Is this possible with lucrative search? If so, which settings do I need to configure?

APAIC - Master-slave can not be used only by using elastic search.

The design uses a different strategy for elastic search flexibility (node-node). Here is a document that explains the difference -

Note - The original document is in elasticsearch.cn, could not locate this English document.

The master-slave concept is something that supports Solar.

It's being said, if you need master-slave setup, then I'll be able to 'master' and 'replica To separate the example of ES, I would think of using something like load-balancer. P> Also note that you can configure only worker nodes (which do not contain data, but only to take action on search requests).

More about it here -

No comments:

Post a Comment