Sunday 15 May 2011

Enabling Core Data syncing in iCloud only for OS X 10.8.x and iOS 6.x -


I have read everywhere that the continuous synchronizing of core data stores in OS X versions of 10.8 and iOS 6.0 Quite broken.

Because cloud sync is only a feature of my app, and not necessarily, it is possible to use 10.8 Base SDK, 10.7 development target and only iCloud sync for (in the case of OS X) Features under 10.8?

I think what I am trying to ensure is that there is no statically linked content that can prevent it from working properly and only under non-broken code under 10.8 Can be used.

You look for such features to investigate that you are only present in specific releases In case, some Mac OS X 10.8 / iOS 6.0 was added to check for those related to iCloud. For example, on ubiquityIdentityToken method NSFileManager :

  if ([[NSFileManager defaultManager] responds to the secretary: @selector (ubiquityIdentityToken) ]) {NSLog (@ "OK"); }   

I describe iCloud as "less broken" than 10.8 with core data compared to 10.7, but I will not go so far to recommend it . However, if you want to use it, then you can check it like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment