Sunday 15 May 2011

security - OpenID-style authentication for a Client/Server game? -


For a particular client / server game written in C ++, I would like to develop a 'login server' so that The player is personally tracked by a game server, however, I am unfavorable to change the wheel again, and despite the unnecessary requirements I have, I need to know what I am looking for, already implemented implementation.

What I want to do is like OpenID, where there is no official login server, I want many entry servers to be possible, and all game servers should ensure that a particular user name The man using a specific login server is similar to the same user who used the login server last time with that username. / P>

OK, why not use OpenID, because I've described it by name? This is also web-centric when I want to play on a specific game server, I will put a browser in my browser in my game or launcher so that people can pass on their credentials login server. Indeed, a system that is an agnostic for the protocol will be liked, so the login server, the game client, and the game server can communicate using all the same UDP infrastructure, which already exists on the game client and server.

Some guidance in this area would be appreciated. I really did not want to take myself from the entire system, because authentication and security are difficult problems.

OpenID connects your users to specific servers For example, if a user has a http : //openid.net/the userername , you can store this information but since this time the user only has the authentication server and if the server Down, there is a difficult scenario about how to migrate an account to another identity (the other provider).

On the other hand, if you rely on Oauth2 authentication and make email the primary recognized identity, users can authenticate with various providers you set up (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) And you can trust providers that email authentication has been verified before (thus how identity providers work).

Then I strongly recommend Oath 2. You still do not apply to any specific provider and allow your users to choose one of your favorites, but you also have a lot of reliable information, email, to send some information from your app to your users Can be used as a communication channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment