Monday 15 August 2011

latex - Inkscape screws up EPS files -


I am trying to use the encapses to create artwork graphics for my scientific papers. I use latex, and I need to prepare my statistics as high-quality encrypted postScript (EPS) images. The order of the work is as follows: First of all, I save some parts of my shape in EPS format using methulfib. Second, I launch Incacape and import the EPS files. I use a compass to create a figure, leave unnecessary things, kill unnecessary things and add some markup. So when I used to work with CorelDra in Windows, but now I work in Linux.

Unfortunately, Inkscape EPS harm files: This color changes and does not save all the objects. In the past years, I tried to search for a solution, but I think people did not complain. Complaints (such as found on the web) are related to something like "incorrect fonts rendering" when exporting EPS or back from SVG (This is not a problem for me - text can always be displayed as a curve) .

I currently work in Mandriva Linux 2010 and use Inkscape version 0.47 r22583 (14 January 2010). I read somewhere that due to some older versions of Cairo these problems can be - my 1.9.14. I try hard to make new Cairo (1.12.14), but I am still away for this purpose. I have been confused with 32 and 64-bit libraries in my system ...

I would be very grateful to any such person who has such problems and may be able to further the solution Be advanced. Let me clarify this problem.

Sorry, I'm not enough reputation neither post pictures nor enter more than 2 links, so please see with my images in the copy of this post. Page:

Picture captions are given below.

(1) These are the three EPS images that I want to add to a figure:

(2) After importing images into Inkscape and saving in SVG format, get. Note Color and Resolution Distortion Besides, I attract three red circles around the convenience of interest.

(3) When I export this figure in an EPS file, nobody can see that the three red circles went away: left only two circles!

Thank you!

This appears to be a bug in inkscape . The following steps can help:

  1. Open the svg file in inkscape .
  2. Select all ( Ctrl + A )
  3. Non-group ( Ctrl + Shift + G ) gives you this step There may be several times to be repeated.
  4. Save the result to eps .

No comments:

Post a Comment