Thursday 15 March 2012

Need to delete part of string from one word to the end in MySQL -


Ok I have trouble and I do not know where and where to look. I have a database with a table called "work" in it, there is a column called "description" that contains fields containing strings.

The description is very long, and everyone has this format: 1 2 3 unique descriptions "But I want to remind you .." Unique text

Let me end the string The other part must be removed from each detail.

So I need a SQL query that will delete only part of each field from "Only wants to remind you" ... "By the end of the string, leaving only part 1, unique description

The function is good for this type of thing:

  SELECT The second argument is the string you are looking for. The third logic of the code is 1 . A  

I have just added the first part of I want to remind you ... before return all the things you are looking for. text. It is important to make sure that you get the appropriate hit.

The first part of the above question will be returned to the table and to update everything from To remove something but I would like to remind you ... Finally, just express the expression to UPDATE : UP Date Function SET Description = SUBSTRING_INDEX (Details, '"but I', 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment