Monday 15 April 2013

vb.net - Backing up source files managed by source control software: TortoiseSVN -


I am new to source control and tomorrow I am confused with something I read on a webpage (link to me is not ). I have followed these instructions: "Make folder structure", then "Start reproverver", then copy source files to trunk folder Please see the screen shot below:

 Enter image details here

However, when I navigate to the folder using Windows Explorer, I do not see it I see it:

 Enter image details here

So I'm wandering: Where are the files stored physically? I want to ask because I want to make sure that the NetBack (corporate backup tool) supports the correct directories.

To make an understanding of the repository structure you need to read all the documents on the SVN, but an SVN repository The preferred method of backup is

  svnadmin dump your_svn_repository_path & gt; Destination_filename_backup.svn   

You can perform a full backup of your data in your scheduled work that is running shortly before your corporate tool and in this destination_filename_backup.svn Your backup job can be included

If you ever need to restore the backup (after reproducing the repository) you can use the command

  svnadmin Load your_svn_repository_path & lt; Destination_filename_backup.svn    

No comments:

Post a Comment