Thursday 15 January 2015

xcode - Distributing GUI Applications Written in Cython on Mac OS X -


I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm searching for an answer all day but I'm just looking for a search No I'm making a GUI application using Pythide using Cython on Mac OS X. I have chosen to use Cython because of the speed of motion; I think that would be a little question, am I not speaking anything, do I need to worry about speed?

I've heard that Cython compiler creates C files. However, I can not distribute those people as my application (obviously) I want to distribute it as an application bundle (.app) rather than an extububible.

I have tried to compile the Seak Code via Xcode, but it creates Unix executable file, a terminal window opens, which is not acceptable because my app has its own GUI.

I have also seen the Apple document about the bundle, and if I need to be able to manually create one, but I like the bundle created by Xcode (or some other program) So, there is less mess involved in it.

Edit:
I do not get the full speed advantage from Cython, but I believe That I will get most of it. Will it work to compile my statement code in a Python package (.so format), then access it from the python app packed with py2app, all who imported the library and started the GUI? This is just a small reminder that I thought, so feel free to tell me if it's stupid.

Does it compile my statement code in a Python package (.so format) , Then access it with the python app packed with py2app, which everyone did, import the library and start the GUI?

This Cython does this first time it generates customized .c and .h files and then share them with the object .so files as a python package in the package. So the answer should be yes. Actually, once compiled, . Therefore, the source code is independent of the files and should be available to be loaded by any third party application that embeds a Python interpreter Py2app should be ok with that. At least I think ...

For the rest, I do not know much about exode.

Edit: - Use - python path and / or - frameworks py2app options.

No comments:

Post a Comment