Friday 15 January 2010

android - Card emulation via software NFC -


After reading a lot of questions, I decided to post it one. I have read that the stock version of Android does not support the API for card emulation. Apart from this, we can not write custom applications to secure the embedded element in NFC controllers due to the moves managed by Google / Samsung.

I need to simulate a card (amphires or disafer etc.). The option I can see is through the software. I have an ACR 122 U reader and I have tested that NFC P2P mode has worked fine with the Nexus-S.

1) I came to a site that said that the NFC controller (pn532) of the Nexus S can emulate a mifare 4k card if it is true, can I write the apdu command on this emulator card Am I (Maybe if I use a modified ROM like CyanogenMod)

2) Can I write an Android application that reads the backup commands sent by the reader and generates appropriate responses (if completed Not to the way, to some degree). To do this, I have discovered that we need to panaging Negates S cynagenmod. Has anyone tried to copy the card through this method?

I think this is possible because we have mobile applications from access control companies through which the doors can open.

Your search might have some facts:

  • NFC controller in Nexus S (and Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 and some other Android devices) PN 544
  • The card can be done by either the secure element connected to the NFC controller or the host device (= in this case Android device). Nexus S has a secure element that can be used for it (used in Google Wallet) Card emulation from the host device is not a feature of PN 544 NFC controller, although some claim that they have succeeded in working it Is of
  • You can remove your device and start the card emulation by a secure element and by following the instructions on it (it has not tried to do with the 4.x jb, but I believe it is now Also works).
  • Copying a MiPhera Classic card can be done by a secure element in the Nexus S, but the DESFire card is not supported by a host device not protected by a secure element in the Nexus S.
  • I have checked a similar dwarf product which uses card emulation to contact an NFC mobile device, using card reader / writer mode to communicate in order to access control card for. IMO, 2 are simple options: use P2P communication (Android beam) or use card emulation in the reader device (if it supports). All other options require things like router devices and custom roms, which are not future proofs and there is no possibility of translating into any real product.

No comments:

Post a Comment