Friday 15 January 2010

windows - Diffing remote branches with msysgit -


I am trying to use git to my team and since most of them want GUI, then I run down I am Msysgit Path I have a good set of written instructions for a lot of daily work, but I am stumped on how to do code reviews, to keep it simple, I have made them an initial one with their owner's name Shaw with the name as the point Received'm saying to make, then I hereby changes / commitment at the local level and push the central repository where they can bring their changes to other gods review. I had a plan to examine them in the isolation of different Gods and after that they distinguish them against the guru. In Bash words, this will look like this:

  GIT Checkout original / FRED GIT difference - H parent / Master   

I can get a GUI at checkout Without a problem, a remote branch as a separate head, but I can not seem to find a way to differentiate against another branch, local or remote UI has happily shown changes in local branch but code reviews For the We need to see changes against the existing production code. Any thoughts on how this can be done? Is there any other GET windows client that is better than msysgit?

I think msysgit when it comes to GUI, features I like and a healthy list from the GIT command line. For example I git ext to ! Start / b gitextensions that rises git extensions history pins well if I am in the mood to be committed through GUI, then I have to go to git commit-ext to ! Start / b gitextensions is rigged to commit

Another invaluable tool and when there are amazing things in git.

No comments:

Post a Comment