Monday 15 March 2010

.net - Waveform Analysis in C# -


I am working on a research project that includes wave analysis of bird call. Basically what needs to happen is that we will identify the 'Baseline' bird call audio files that represent specific types of calls, and then compare those collected samples with those basic files, to determine whether This is a match for a specific type of call. Since our team members are doing this manually, so it is incredibly time consuming, I think we can automate this process, but I'm not sure that the best place to start. I have seen some articles discussing FFT, NI has seen Measurement Studios (very expensive for the enterprise version) and some other thread, but nothing seems to hide as a viable solution.

Did something like this in C #? Is there an underlying library for .NET for wave analysis? Am I stumbling in acoustic fingerprinting with this idea?

Any help is appreciated.

I do not know about any libraries that you are actually doing after that. Maybe a math library is enough with the necessary features? If so, I have used FFT capabilities very successfully in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment