Monday 15 March 2010

GitLab - Cannot push or pull. It seems to be a permission issue -


Hope someone will be able to help: I ​​have installed GitLab and for some days it looks like Has worked (I can push and drag only with one customer, but not that machine which runs GITLAB itself), although this is no longer the case. I am working on the server (this is my own server which I have set up for development / learning / personal stuff but I believe that I have changed anything which can affect the wetlab so I know No

At the moment I can pull with my local machine (OS X10.8.3) or by not pulling my server (Ubuntu 12.0.4). I've run the test several times and it's all green. When I go to git config user.name or git config user.email then it comes back with my name and email. I searched online but could not find anyone in the same situation, although I suggested many suggestions Given: I have removed the SAS key converted to /home/git/gitlab/config.yml to reflect my installation and generated more (I'm running apech) My Geeta Lab is 5.2 and I got Gittelb's Following the instructions on the homepage I have followed the instructions to work with Apache instead of NGN. It seems closest to describe my problem, although Olution is not clearly described, I could not follow the web interface Works fine and I can do either from my local machine (using sshfs) and from my server I just can not push or pull

P> I appreciate any help I I am struggling with this in today's days and I am on the verge of giving a guit lobe ...

Many thanks

Edit: On my server I have three accounts: user1 (main, first user, root), user2 is a sudoer in which there is also a sudoer which has administrator privileges and git too, after checking more I am sure that this is a problem for me Which is messing with the permission and the SSB key. Can anyone tell me: When I generate SSB Key, which user should I log in? Which computer should I generate this key? On my server or on my mac? Also, when I tried to push directly to my server (I was physically logged into the server instead of being stuck on the server through my Mac) GitLab was asking for git password then I A key was logged on the server as a GIT and connected to the GitLab via the web interface and the error was shown again (similar to the earlier). Still not fixed.

The problem in my case was that I changed the GIT credentials to my local machine (When you create a new repo, you set the user name and e-mail GIT and GIT @ localhost respectively) that I had changed and did not know. This is the reason that whenever I was trying to push or pull either, I got the error once the right settings were turned back on, Guitlab started working again. It can be useful for anyone except.

No comments:

Post a Comment