Friday 15 June 2012

windows - Change display resolution on remote execution -


I am performing Selenium WebDriver Test on Remote Test Server using PowerShell Script (Jenkins CI Server from Windows Server 2008r2 But hosted on) Windows Server 2012 target machine, if this is important). I want to change the default display resolution.

The console utility tells me that only 1024x768 resolutions are available (qres / s command).

What are the ideas to increase the display resolution, let's say, to 1920x1080? Maybe the resolution is stored in the registry somewhere? Can there be a way to emulate the video card?

P.S. It is enough to change the resolution for a time, no dynamic change of resolution is necessary.

UPD : I am using PowerShell Remoting Session, but it does not look like RDP session.

Example: PowerShell. \ Run.ps1

Where resembles run.ps1:

  $ sc = {#this code section is executed on a remote computer. #it ​​firefox.exe, chrome.exe, making snapshot, etc. PowerShell C: \ path \ on \ remote \ server \ run-tests.ps1} Apply-command-computer name "seperate-test-server" -ScriptBlock $ Sc   

One problem I do not think is what the video device is actually using, but I can make snapshots, maybe. Maybe, someone who can explain to me how it really works :)).

I have to figure out how to change the display (virtual display?) Resolution once this script, registry change, etc. can be.

Instead of running a browser, I found an alternative solution on the local machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment