Friday 15 March 2013

sql - How to count rows in one table based on another table in mysql -


I have two tables in a MySQL database, first there is a list of names in the department.

  Department's short name name ------------- | ------------- ACC | Accounting bus. Business ...   

In the second table there is a list of courses in which the name of the department is abbreviated.

  course section | Name ------------- | ------------- ACC-101-01 | Introduction to Accounting ACC-110-01 | More accounting bus-200-02 | Business etc. ...   

I would like to write a question, for each row in the departments table, count me how many curriculum Rows in the table are like my short name something like this:

  short name | Number ------------- | -------------- ACC | 2 buses 1 ...   

I can do this with a query for a personal department

  from SELECT COUNT (*) course where section '% ACC % (Gives me 2)   

Although I can loop through PHP and I can do the above questions many times, I want to do this in a single query. This is pseudocode, I'm thinking ... SELECT department.abudget, select from the sections from each row SELECT COUNT (*) as the numbers from the classes where the segment like CONCAT ( '% Any ideas?'

ex> select Join D.Bagent, COUNT (*) numbers D. Inner Course Sea on C. Sections such as Concrete (D.Abet, "%") Group by D. B.F.



No comments:

Post a Comment