Monday 15 April 2013

ruby on rails 3 - Date.js vs Moment.js (and server-side formatting) -


I am using date.js in my project and have read one recently.

However, I am having trouble believing that this is due to the fact that it can not parse the input till the actual date like "5 days".

My personal wishes / requirements are that

  1. I can take different types of input (text-field) and can submit them properly formatted dates I am
  2. I can properly appropriately format dates and can be friendly (or just pars them differently) out.

    date JS does both. Moment.js only takes the # 2 ...

    Am I missing something, or am I still cool to use date.js?

    In addition to ... for my rail project Is this things better to server-side or client side? To wit. I have a few things that I want to format based on the relative date position. (Such as 10 days from now, or & gt; like to add a category for the last 0 days) ... professional / opposition of client / server side parsing / manipulation?

    You are right. Moment.JS # 2 does not handle ... Only date.js does

    for server vs. client ... I try to unload the calculations to the customer until I have a mobile app I'm not building. Finally, the application / project should be determined where the calculation should be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment