Tuesday 15 April 2014

arduino - Can I remap an ECU using CAN bus? -


I'm thinking of using something like this to connect an Arduino in a motorbike ECU:

I never do something like this, And I would know that by using the bus I can only read some clinical parameters in the ECU or if I can also remove some ECU parameters.

Can you help me understand this thing?

You can read messages transmitted mainly between different control modules in the vehicle. Many of these messages are consistent with a manufacturer-independent standard and can be taken as well known or documented.

However, there are also manufacturer-specific messages which are not usually documented for access by the public. Messages that control the configuration of ECU and other modules are likely to be such, Is considered as the form.

Therefore, the message for the configuration of the control module will be mostly recorded only by those who imposed them through reverse-engineering.

It should not be difficult to read and interpret the messages sent on the bus regularly, as long as the message is documented or easily analyzed. It would be difficult to catch those configuration messages, possibly impossible, the means and equipment of amateur.

No comments:

Post a Comment