Monday 15 July 2013

amazon ec2 - VisualVM cannot profile; connects and other tabs work but Sampler tab gives:"Failed to create JMX connection" -


I am trying to use the visual application for the profile running in EC2 for the profile. The vidyulum connects to the remote machine and will show me the observation, monitor and visual gc tab (with data), but when I select the sample tab I will get:

is not available. Use the 'Add Jmx Connection' link to app to applying JMX connection to target apps.

I have tried to add the JMX connection (EC2 public address and JMX port was started with the app). no avail.

I can see in the Visual Overview tab that I have set up JMXTTTINGS of the app (and by that extension, Visual MS looks at those settings):

  -dom Sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port = 9010 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only = false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate = false   

I am using an EC2 security model which opens all ports on EC2 with its local machine. I am running the exact same GVM on both machines I have run jstatd on EC2 machine.

What else to try and make sure.

Do you use SSL authentication? If not to use it, try changing

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only = false

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl = false

No comments:

Post a Comment