Friday 15 January 2010

Android Listview user interaction design context menu on click or longpress -


I have a list view that shows items in rows, each line has a checkbox that will select the item in the row .

Some actions are ActionList = {Action1, Action2, ...} which can be done on any item. I am planning to show a relevant popup menu which lists all the tasks that can be done on a particular item

is a very common action 1 which I see as a big button on the bottom of the screen I would like to keep in Users can simply tap and select the checkbox and press the button below to do action 1.

As soon as the Android users are addicted to the tap on the entire line of the list, to check the item. I've just been left with Longpress to show my reference popup menu

I have been left with the choice

(A) Continue with what I have

(b) split the tap into two parts , If the user taps the area around the actual checkbox (40% right side of the screen) then the box will be checked and the Action1 button given below can be pressed to take action on the selected group < P> If the user taps the area around the 60% area on the left. I show a context menu

Show an option button with (c) chkbox [] () and when the user clicks, show the context popup menu ()

any People with thoughts ...

B looks good, just make sure that 40% of the screen (around Checkbox) has different shading, so it is visible to the user.

No comments:

Post a Comment