Tuesday 15 March 2011

encryption - Standard format for digital signature -


I want to create a JavaScript library to sign messages. I look forward to having something like format ...

  --- BEGIN signed message --- this is a plain old message, it's on and on ... --- BEGIN RSA OF SHA1 --- Base64Stringassfd86asdf870n8 09as8d76fn098 == --- END Signed Message ---   

But I do not know the correct format. I can repeat the PGP format (I'm sure it is not hard to find information on it), but I like to use a standard method if someone is there.

Is there a standard format for this type of signature?

(aka PKACS # 7) is a commonly used format for signed data This payload content It also supports encryption and authentication, so it is a bit of a uber-format. The downside is the complexity of implementation - you can be tired to trawl with you and you have to work comfortably with ASN.1.

and the human eye is more likely to be more readable (there is no ASN.1 to be seen) This can be the best bet for simplicity, then you will have to have an encryption However, if you want to do so, the specification can be equally worthwhile to work - I had ever encountered an RFC ... before imprecise.

No comments:

Post a Comment