Tuesday 15 March 2011

jenkins - Get email with the diff changes from the last 'git pull' -


I have to get an email that will display the final change done by GIT. It should be well formatted like gitub (+ green, - red).

This is what I've done so far:

  1. Configure Junkins to check every 5 minutes, change the changes, and send an email.
  2. The 'Jenkins Email Extension Plugin' was installed, it was configured to work with a custom 'jelly' template, which also sends console output to email.
  3. I added a script to run 'Limit Show'.

    In this way, I get the output of 'Git Show' on the email every 5 minutes, if the code changes within this time.

    Whatever is missing is as follows:

    1. If two drawbacks come within 5 minutes, then it is only the last one. I think what the GIT show does, I need all the changes from the existing code, not all changes from the previous commitments.
    2. This is not well formatted. It's just a plain text

      I appreciate any help here. Thank you.

      git diff --color @ {tomorrow} (or whenever the last Bridges / differences were of interest) works well for me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment