Tuesday 15 March 2011

javascript - Copy innerHTML from one item in a list to the content of an element -


Here's what I'm hoping to do: I have a list of menu items when clicking on one of these items If so, then I need a Javascript function to move text in that list item and put it in a different place on the page.

Here's my JSField:

  function settext () {document.getElementById ("selected"). InnerHTML = this.innerHTML; };   

I do not have much information about javascript, so I'm sure the problem is simple.

In addition, if there is a similar question on the stack overflow, Send a link to this and I will remove this question.

You have to pass the element to the function ... so that you know which & Lt; A & gt; You clicked the tag.

Then in your HTML, you add this as a function parameter

  & lt; A href = "#" onclic = "set text (this);" & Gt;   

and in your JavaScript ... (e) In this case, now that element is referenced.

  function setText (e) {document.getElementById ('selected'). InnerHTML = e.innerHTML; }   

Here it is using Jquery ... just to show how compact it is ...

  & lt; A href = "#" & gt;   

.

  $ ('a'). Click (function () {$ ('# selected') .HTML ($ (this) HTML ());};   



No comments:

Post a Comment