Friday 15 July 2011

xml - WiX - Find parent of .msi directory -


I am using WiX to create a custom installer. I want to navigate to a directory from the .msi directory to find the path of the executable file. After doing some research, I came to know that [the original database] indicates the location of the MMSI, but I do not know how to find above from the place below. Here is my search code:

  & lt; Property ID = "Shortcut" & gt; & Lt; DirectorySearch Path = ".. \ [Original Database]" Assign Depth = "0" Protocol = "No" id = "Main Search" & gt; & Lt; FileSearch Name = "Program.exe" id = "EXESearch" /> & Lt; / DirectorySearch & gt; & Lt; / Property & gt;   

YX will not let me add ".. \" in front of a preset directory path. I do not know how to navigate from that folder any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Windows Installer has no such capability You must write a custom action to resolve the original database And after that there will be work for the parents from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment