Sunday 15 July 2012

How Can I Do Git SVN Correctly? -


In a working environment, our version is Control Subversion, and it is unlikely to change. I want to use Git locally for the benefit of the local repository. Support > ./ tag ).

By using TortoiseGit, I was able to specify which one to check out. I want to link, tag and trunk available all locally available This means, I can be withdrawn from a local branch in a master, if necessary, on a remote branch.

How do I do this properly?

After completing this long process, I will use remotes / branches / EXAMPLE-BRANCH1 to use the "SVN Rebase" of Torrent Gitt Tried to go from> master remote / branch / test branch . It failed, saying that the master was behind from behind.

When I tried to go to a local branch based on master from remotes / branch / test-branch , the merge was not working .

To clone your trow, which contains all trunk / branches / tags, standard layouts (as You mentioned):

  git svn clone - http://www.example.com/code new-repo-directory   

Note: GIT Is not used for silver bullets. You still have the Merge / Resist Conflict that you will need to solve. You probably will be few of them, but they will not go away completely. Failure was probably accurate and indicates that you need to solve conflicts, then finish your rebase with git rebase --continue .

I'm sure that Tortoise is very helpful for a lot of people. But I have been told many times that if you learn to use the command line (and I believe I agree), then you will get more than GIT and only learn to use GUI assistants once Once, once you understand what they are doing behind the curtains.

PS - GIT SVN Rebase SVN is for implementing changes made to your existing SVN tracked branch if you try to merge 2 separate SVN tracked branches So you want to use the git checkout branch-to-date then use the git rebase branch-with-updates (and resolve any conflicts

No comments:

Post a Comment