Wednesday 15 May 2013

multithreading - Batch Download of Files in Java -


In my application, I need to automatically download many files via HTTP, possibly big enough "batch "I want to execute something like behavior when all the files that need to be downloaded are put in the queue, then many task threads lift the work from this queue and download the actual in the background in the background. Apart from this, I need some general behavior from download managers: handling incomplete or unsuccessful downloads, use temporary folder / file name until the file is fully downloaded, etc. I tried googling, but I was surprised that I did not find anything useful in Java. Only a few things that I have found so far are:

  1. - No useful answer, only one link

  2. - This one Better, but still very low level, very easy and does not cover 90% of my needs

  3. - Despite its name, it is even more fundamental.

    Does anybody know other such libraries who can implement such behavior?

    library you can use - this lets you work with http Gives a good API to

    But you have to implement yourself - batch downloading is effective for repeating several times, effectively, for that you need a separate library which is applicable. You can easily use Java 5 compatibility joints, e.g. Examiners EnvelopeTradePool (..) to download runable s to download.

    I suspected that there is no ready-to-use implementation because it would be an end-user product rather than a library. You have to collect components yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment