Monday 15 July 2013

Tips on making accidental Visual Studio project changes more difficult? -


My team uses Visual Studio for our development environment, we like it very much

We use the same project files in our automated build

Our problem is that making a change in Visual Studio UX is so easy that it is applicable to project files. We are constantly looking at the build brake

... I know ... I know ... neither send them to insult!

I believe that I can explain to everyone to be more careful, but to be honest - xrm, x64, any} {release, debug} < P> My question: Is there something that I can add to the VS project which can be more difficult to make changes? I am not looking for a perfect solution, but in VAS UX works great till one point, and then I like Notepad to keep things down.

I can only read the file I do not know how it plays with our source control, but I can check.

I'm expecting something clever, maybe a mode that will prompt for confirmation before changing?

Thoughts / Suggestions?

Bring a piggy bank into the office. If a user creates a file that breaks the automated build, then that person must add $ 1 to the pig bank at the end of the project, or when the pot reaches a particular amount, then buy something for the team Take a print and print a sheet to show that each person has "contributed" to the utensil.

No comments:

Post a Comment