Wednesday 15 July 2015

iis 7 - asp.net application takes long to start--even after compiling -


I have an asp.net app on IIS 7. It is 'pre-compiled', but I think that the IIS still collects the assemblies for the first time.

Here's the problem - when I publish the application and deploy the application, I log in, and (as expected) it takes about 30 seconds to view the login page. Then I go to each page and compile them (I've used 'personal file for every page' or whatever option).

So far it is so good

Then after 10 minutes I log in and it is near instantaneous even then good and hopeful.

However, next day, my first logon takes 30 seconds or more. Any web.config changed or any new denominations were copied in the middle - I'm sure.

Why is anyone getting this idea? Is there an application timeout (opposed to session session)? Is there some setting in the IIS Admin console that can leave me at something that is not optimal? Thanks for any help on this,

Yes, starting ASP.NET applications in IIS is relatively slow is . How much? It depends ...

It is slow in the next day because IIS has stopped the application for some time while inactivity.

The solution is "Start the application" It is built in IIS 8 and is available as a module for IIS 7.5 Out-of-Band:

No comments:

Post a Comment