Saturday 15 August 2015

android - No resource found that matches the given name (at 'title' with value '@string/action_settings') -


So I recently started trying to work in eclipse (just like today) I have Android developers I'm following the initial course, and by the end, everything has been fine. I've got to create a simple user interface () and have worded everything for the word, but when I try to run it, it says that

no resources Found that matches the given name ('@ string / action_settings' with the 'title' value).

I came back and checked everything, and whatever I explained, did everything and it still does? I am completely naob, so maybe I am forgetting something but I do not know what is there. I restarted eclipse, and it still will not run the app, and for the tenth time I have an error.

This is my design sheet:

activity_main.xml in layout

   & Lt; Button Android: layout_width = "wrap_content" Android: layout_height = "wrap_content" android: text = "@ string / button_send" /> & Lt; / LinearLayout & gt;   

values ​​in string.xml

  & lt ;? Xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"? & Gt; & Lt; Resources & gt; & Lt; String name = "ap_name" & gt; My first app & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "edit_message" & gt; Enter a message & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "button_send" & gt; Send & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "menu_settings" & gt; Settings & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "title_activity_main" & gt; Menactivity & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; / Resources & gt;   

And all that I have messed up. Do not I see any problem?

Am I clarifying something?

Ha - I'm doing tutorial and I've got the same thing. You have copied / pasted the entire strings.xml file, but this file lacks that value, which requires an app. This is a bug in their tutorial

Add this line back to the strings: XML:

  & lt; String name = "action_setting" & gt; Here are some & lt; / String & gt;   

Where I put "something here", I can not remember what the original text was.

The problem is that main.xml (under the ridge / menu) which we definitely did not touch in the tutorial, referring to the string "action_settings" when you copy and paste your string from the XML file If so, it was removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment