Saturday 15 August 2015

php - A script that works on a local computer but not the server -


I found a very good gallery (EasyGallery) script integrated into my website and it was working fine on the VMP server. on the computer. However, when I uploaded it to my web hosting (paid, php, databases etc) the script would not be loaded. I have tried the original version of both 3 separate web hosting scripts and modified version which I am integrating into my website.

So my question is that the gallery script which can be found here works with WAMP on my computer, but does not work on the server


PHP Version:

Paid Hosting - PHP Version 5.2.17 Wamp - 5.3.13 Other Web Hosting - 5+ (Corrected)

Required by Script: 4+ < Hr>

About the instructions on your website: I have set the correct permissions for the Image Folder (+ Subfolder) - 0755


Website and Gallery Address of

This style can be read bit, so there is no brown background but

Most likely this is a relative / complete path issue, so this works on your local computer but when you put it online, the path is counted incorrectly. Without a broken page code or link, I can not say that the path is wrong, but when it is a very common cause of problem to publish a website online from local host development.

The other most common reason is the directory permissions, because it is almost no problem at the local host and there is almost always a problem on the host server, there is something that only you can check, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment