Saturday 15 August 2015

ruby on rails - Timestamp breaks sqlite3 import to postgresql -


I have a rail app that I used to use for DB, but now switch to using PostGrussle I am here.

I have installed PostgreSQL database, and now I am importing sqlite3 db in postgre using Tuck Gem.

The problem is: My SQL is a column of 3dB: The time in which I store the Unix timestamp (integer) Postgres schema says that they are 'timestamp without time zone', and current Prices are rejected. This error is:

  PG :: error: error: column is the type of timestamp without "time" time zone, but the expression type is the integer (Sequel :: DatabaseError) LINE 1:. . "Address_type", "Medicine") Price (2, 2, 0, zero, 1367688600 ...) How can you get around this? Need to change to match the postgres schema in my SQL 3 database? Also, since Only my dev is for DB, so there is no problem to completely drop the DB value and start it again - so if there is an easy way to do it also to appreciate that.   

To convert the value back you will need to run it through the query:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment