Tuesday 15 September 2015

Javascript not working in production: Nginx, Passenger, Rails on Ubuntu Server (Node.js?) -


Do I have to install / config Node.js to start javascript? Is this the simplest solution, seeing that my site actually has less traffic?

Javascript does not work for me, but with the site Nginx and passenger (this is ruby ​​on Rail app) for the site I'm running for output, setup on the latest version of Ubuntu Server This site runs brilliantly and fast over the past few months, but javascript (especially, things like Twitter Bootstrap Tooltip, etc.) does not run on this production server, although they can test me And work environment.

My idea is that Javascript is broken B / C do I need to install / configure Node.js? I have mentioned some deployment setup nodes in setup guides. JS has seen, but if it is necessary then detailed information can not be found.

My site has very little traffic (probably 3-5 users at any given time) The only reason for setting up my own web server was a small company website that allowed me to access some resources The company is required to run the app on the network.

By default your js / css are not compiled. You should precompile them.

You can run "bundle exec rake assets: precompile" on your computer and deploy the compiled code on the server. Instead node.js you can use the thermbreaker gem.

Read for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment