Wednesday 15 June 2011

visual studio 2012 - How to determine if MSBUILD Arguments were executed for TFS Build Definition -


I am using Team Foundation Service 2012, with an internal controller, with a build controller, But I can deploy the app. I set up Build Definition, and am using my debug configuration, and provided the following MSBUILD arguments.

  / p: DeployOnBuild = true / p: Delay = True / p: depi ipspath_sites Odomadman "/ P: Username = No \ SVC-User / P: Password = Password / p: VisualStudioVersion = 11.0   

Fixes the solution, I do not get any warnings, or errors when If I go to my deployment server, then the application is empty.I have set up permissions for the Web application folder and the INStrv folder. I have also deployed / configured the web if I can not find any error, how can I tell What is going wrong in my deployment? I have already checked the event builder on both build servers and deployment servers, and there are no errors or warnings. I can also do a publication with my god machine And it works perfectly with the exact same criteria.

Both of these folders and their contents Copy from development environment to build server:

  C: \ Program Files (x86) \ MSBuild \ Microsoft \ VisualStudio \ v11.0 \ Web C: \ Program Files (x86) \ MSBuild \ Microsoft \ VisualStudio \ v11.0 \ WebApplications   

These folders are a dependency that is due to be published through Visual Studio 2012. This dependency is referenced in the .sln file.

Unfortunately this means that web deployment is silently unsuccessful.

Alternatively you can install Visual Studio on the Build server, but it will be a waste of a license.

No comments:

Post a Comment